A resume is an important tool for your job search because it offers a page or two where you can display your top skills and qualities. Resumes help employers make hiring decisions and help you get your first interview.
How to Create a Professional Resume
- Look up examples of professional resume templates on job search websites.
- Make sure to include at least two forms of contact information, like a phone number and email.
- Include your most recent job positions and what you did well at.
- Focus on your strengths and describe the ways you improved the position or fulfilled your role.
- Include any special skills, certifications, and education.
- Send to a friend to proofread before using it for job applications.