Whether you’re new to online banking or you’ve been using it for years, it’s important to take steps to make sure all of your online information is secure.
- Ask your bank how they monitor fraud, if they use anti-virus protection on bank computers, have firewalls in place, and use website encryption.
- Beware of scams asking for your online banking login information. Always do your research before allowing anyone to have your login credentials or bank account numbers.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi for your private banking. This makes you more susceptible to hackers.
- Change your passwords regularly, and make sure they are strong.
- Keep your computer or mobile device’s antivirus software current.