IRA stands for Individual Retirement Account. An IRA can help you save money to live on when you retire.
Important Things to Know About an IRA:
- An IRA allows you to save for retirement and get tax benefits on the money you save.
- The money in your IRA can be invested in stocks, bonds, and other assets.
- Most IRA’s have a limit to how much you can invest each year.
- Typically, you can’t take any money out until you are 59.5 years old without a penalty.
- There are different types of IRA’s. Each type has different features.
A tax accountant can give you guidance about what type of IRA is right for you.